I wish I had a before photo for this thing. It was disgusting. The seat was a black and yellow plastic and the chair was a gross brown stain. I think that is why it was only $3 at the thrift store. I removed the seat, sanded the wood just a bit, sprayed it with black satin spray paint, disressed the edged just a touch and then put on a coat of poly. I just stapled a layer of new batting and then this cool fabric over the old seat and voila! A new chair! I did the whole project in less than 2 hours while my baby was at her first day of preschool. It was a celebration of the first time I had all my kids in school at the same time! Happy day!