Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Black Armchair


I wish I had a before photo for this thing. It was disgusting. The seat was a black and yellow plastic and the chair was a gross brown stain. I think that is why it was only $3 at the thrift store. I removed the seat, sanded the wood just a bit, sprayed it with black satin spray paint, disressed the edged just a touch and then put on a coat of poly. I just stapled a layer of new batting and then this cool fabric over the old seat and voila! A new chair! I did the whole project in less than 2 hours while my baby was at her first day of preschool. It was a celebration of the first time I had all my kids in school at the same time! Happy day!

9 comments:

  1. Great job! I love pretty furniture makeovers!

    I'm new to your blog - nice to "meet" you!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - honey! I spray painted a bench black last week, but the black paint is kind of rubbing off!?! I din't do the poly step - what kind of poly??? You need to specific for us novice copiers of your projects! What exact type of everything - I don't want someone to sit on my black bench with white pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang that looks so cute and matches my dress you made for me while in town! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my master bedroom reveal on YHL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair looks awesome. I love the fabric and black was the right color to make it chic and classy. Thanks for linking to my party...I'm going to become a follower to see what else you have up your sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! That is one of my favorite fabrics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one chic looking chair! Love the lines! And I so know what you mean. Everything I touch now I go... WHOOPS... need a before photo! A bloggers life I tell ya...

    Donna

    ReplyDelete