Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tool Shower

This baby shower went so well, thanks to lots and lots of helpers. The Dad to be is in the plumbing business, so we went with a "tools" theme. Here is the blanket I made to match the party... we went with the black/white/turquoise color scheme. Cake truffles (from Bakerella). I just happened to find candy coating for dipping that matched the party!
I crazy stitched these appliques in place and made a clothes-line out of measuring tape to decorate the mantle.


One of my helpers brought this cake, it is store bought and decorated with toy trucks and candy. It was HUGE. Also at this table we had a jar full of all kinds of things (small tools, screws, nuts, bolts, etc.) and a "guess how many items are in this jar" game.









For the favor, I dipped oreos in chocolate and tied on this tag that matched the invitation.

A hot chocolate bar was a huge hit for this cold morning. We had a few types of marshmallows and whip cream on top. We also served chicken salad, green salad, croissants fruit and a few other things that I can't remember. The food was all so yummy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment